About Digital Union
Digital Union is the largest network of digital businesses in the North East.
If you’re a digital start-up, an established SME, or a freelance developer, get in touch to find out how Digital Union can help you.
Digital Union – Support and Benefits for Members:
Joining Digital Union as a member will give you access to the following support to add value to your business:
- Generator provides a flexible and adaptable business support programme that can be accessed by Digital Union member businesses at all stages in their business cycle – this includes our innovative business growth pipeline and master classes, alongside coaching and mentoring opportunities. This support is available for founders, senior leaders, managers and employees in DC&T SME businesses.
- Digital Union members can help shape this business support programme to ensure it meets current industry needs.
- We create supply chain opportunities for smaller companies, micro businesses and freelancers to connect and supply the more mature, larger companies in the region – keeping work here in the region to aid sector growth.
- We work with Creative Digital businesses and support their capacity to grow in regional, national and international markets – helping to broker access to these supply chains, and highlight national tender opportunities that in turn, encourage a healthy, competitive environment for the sector.
- Through our work evelop mechanisms that can assist in the attraction and retention of talent to the region.
- Work with regional and national expertise to enable businesses to attract and secure investment.
- Represent the sector in various forums, including local and national Government and national bodies such as Innovate UK, Tech City, Tech North and Sector Skills Councils. Campaigning on the sector’s behalf when necessary.
- Bridge the gap between DC&T industry and education sectors, to work in partnership and ensure that both Further and Higher Education are fully engaged with the sector in reducing the skills gap. Ensuring that the education curriculum is informed by NE business and talent is nurtured to fill the skills gaps in the DC&T sector.
- Engage with Tees Valley LEP & North East LEP to lobby for and direct targeted strategic sector investment to create positive environmental conditions for growth.
- Collaborate with existing partners in delivery of specific elements of sector support: including Campus North and Ignite 100, Dynamo, Sunderland Software City and the Digital Catapult.
- Ensure that national and international business leaders are engaged with the North East sector to increase opportunities for both contracts and advice leading to growth.
- Develop a robust and up-to-date database of appropriate sector support companies and business services and stimulate enquiries through signposting, workshops and marketing activity.
- Engage with and represent North East Creative Digital businesses through a representative DU advisory group that helps shape the overall offer.
Champion and Celebrate
- Champion the sector, facilitating a collaborative approach to working in the North East.
- Run regular social and networking events throughout the year and develop an annual conference, jobs fair, showcase and awards event to celebrate the sector’s achievements.
- Raise the sector’s profile by delivering an effective media strategy to highlight the region’s sector and individual successes, leading to increased media coverage, further business and the attraction and retention of talent.
- Launch the media strategy with a high-profile event bringing together the sector with national media and regional stakeholders to raise awareness and begin the media pipeline process.
- Facilitate effective networking opportunities between member businesses, the wider sector and regional stakeholders to enable valuable connections and business opportunities to be made.
- Identify and agree common strategies and objectives with the other DC&T organisations in the North East to ensure duplication is avoided and the region’s businesses are best served.
- Develop and outward facing network that can attract assistance from outside of the region. We will bring industry influencers, national & International businesses and leaders to the region to share their knowledge with our members so that growth can be achieved.
- Collaborate with other regional network organisations to establish common solutions that will assist UK sector development.
- Produce events with invited guests that the membership will find useful, inspiring and assist in developing business practice.
- Identify national networking opportunities for the North East sector businesses and encouraging them to attend to represent themselves and the region.
Research & Inform
- Maintain deep knowledge of the relevant NE education sector skills and talent pool and the current and future needs of the Creative Digital businesses.
- Help North East Creative Digital businesses to be more innovative by facilitating access specialist technology and research expertise in the region.
- Collaborate with other regional and national organisations including Dynamo, Tech City, existing Sector Skills Councils, Innovate UK’s KTN_ Creative, Digital and Design Community, RTC North, North East BIC so that we can mitigate future challenges and help support the sector’s growth ambitions.
- Strategic campaigning on issues identified by the sector through feedback received through Digital Union member meetings and events.
For further information and membership enquiries please contact us here : or call 0191 255 4462
Download the Digital Union Media Pack here.