Meet The Coach – Stephen Slater
This week we would like to introduce you to Stephen Slater at RMT. Stephen is a business advisor by trade and has helped a lot of businesses via our partnership.
RMT Accountants & Business Advisors has been actively supporting businesses in the creative/digital industries for many years. Its understanding of the specific financial and business issues faced by entities in this sector along with the experience and contacts gained over those years makes RMT the perfect partner to deliver financially related business mentoring and coaching as required by Generator.
Stephen said: “The knowledge economy has become increasingly important to the North East in the last decade, but it’s as vital for ambitious digital and creative businesses as it is for companies in any sector with big plans for the future to keep their feet on the ground while they’re reaching for the stars.
“The basic rules of good business practice and structure apply to every SME, regardless of the sector within which it operates, and will be the building blocks on which their future long-term success will be based.
“A clear understanding of resources that will be needed as the company’s initial business plan is implemented and the cost of bringing them in is essential, while an appreciation of the eternal commercial facts that ‘cash is king’ and ‘profit doesn’t equal cash’ is just as vital.
“Gaining access to the sort of financial knowledge and development advice that will help North East start-up and early stage tech businesses isn’t always easy, which is why RMT Accountants & Business Advisors signed up to become a business coach at Generator.”
We can help with the following:
- Start ups – ensuring you have considered all the regulatory issues and registrations. Getting off on the right foot!
- Systems – which accounting software/processes to consider
- Funding – how to prepare an investor ready business plan, how to pitch for investment
- Growth strategy – ensuring that a growth strategy translates into a financial plan
- Structure – assessing how to bring in a new shareholder or partner into the business, or how to exit an existing one
- Remuneration – how to tax efficiently remunerate the owners of a business
- Cashflow – how to manage cash within the business
We have worked with a plethora of businesses in the North East and beyond including: Realsafe Technologies, Trylife Limited, Steamforged Games Limited , Unwritten Creative, Grid Smarter Cities Limited.
The knowledge economy has become increasingly important to the North East in the last decade, but it's as vital for ambitious digital and creative businesses as it is for companies in any sector with big plans for the future to keep their feet on the ground while they're reaching for the stars.
© Generator 2020 - All rights reserved.
Site delivered by Cargo Creative