Newcastle Scale Up Summit
Building on the success of his 5-day, citywide and multi-venue ‘Newcastle Startup Week’ festival in May, Paul Lancaster is now running a 1-day ‘Newcastle Scaleup Summit’ at the Live Theatre on Thursday 23rd November 2017 to help people learn how to take their business to the next level.
The Schedule so far includes…
8.30am-9.30am: Business Breakfast Networking + Registration
9.30am-12.30pm: Morning Session
Going deeper into the topics covered on our ‘Growing & Scaling’ day in May, the full-day event in November will feature a range of speakers in the morning who will share personal and practical insights on how they grew their own business, or explain products, services or programmes they use to help others fulfill their potential.
- Welcome & Introduction from Paul Lancaster & Sarah Crimmens (Newcastle Startup Week + Scaleup Summit)
- ‘What do we mean by ‘scaleups’ and why are they important?’ by Colin Bell (Business Growth Director, North East LEP)
- Panel Discussion: How to adopt a ‘Growth Mindset’ within your business ft. Carl Haagensen (Entrepreneur Development Manager, Natwest Entrepreneurial Spark), Holly Thompson (Future Skills Vision Ltd) + Scott Rowland (HiThrive)
- ‘How to improve your sales & marketing of existing products / services’ by Stefan Lepowski (MD, Karol Marketing)
- Fireside Chat: Darren Jobling (CEO, ZeroLight) + Alasdair Greig (Director, Northstar Ventures)
- ‘How can membership organisations help?’ ft. Speakers TBC
1.30pm-5.30pm: Afternoon Session
The afternoon session will include facilitated workshops and 1-2-1s where delegates can put the ideas into practise and sign up for any services or programmes that will help them grow and scale. This will then be followed by:
- ‘How to innovate & develop new products / services’ by Professor Roy Sandbach OBE (Newcastle University)
- ‘Developing new products & services through Open Innovation Challenges’ by Naomi Morrow (Sunderland Software City / Digital Catapult Centre | Durham & Tees Valley)
- Panel Discussion: How to find the skills & talent you need to grow your business ft. Neil Stephenson (Director, Tetrad Recruitment Group Ltd), Michaela Reaney (MD, Gradvert), Peter Neal (Strategic Talent, UNW) & Laura Sharpe (Sharpe Recruitment) hosted by Natalia Blagburn (Senior Lecturer in Entrepreneurship, Northumbria University)
- ‘Growing your business through partnerships’ by Sarah Lemon (Business Development Director, Sage)
- Closing Keynote Speaker TBC
Get your ticket now for just £85 at http://newcastlescaleupsummit.eventbrite.com before they increase to £100 on 1st September!
Generator North East, The Manse, Kingsland Church Studios, Priory Green, Byker, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE6 2DW
Newsletter Sign Up
Sign up to one of the Generator mailing lists to keep up to date.
Connect with Generator
© Generator 2022 - All rights reserved.
Delivered with Cargo Creative