Skip to content

PRSF Emerging Artists at SXSW

PRS for Music Foundation (PRSF) has announced 14 emerging artists who will receive funding to perform at this year’s South by South West (SXSW) festival taking place in Austin, Texas from March 13th-22nd.

The funding has been awarded through the International Showcase Fund, run by PRS for Music Foundation in partnership with UK Trade & Investment, Arts Council England, British Underground and Musicians’ Union and designed to help UK artists perform at key international showcasing festivals.

The artists are: East India Youth Rival Consoles, Bad Breeding, Solomon Grey, Ben Ottewell, Boxed In, Brolin, God Damn, Jay Prince, Kate Tempest, Kero Kero Bonito (pictured), Mallory Knox and PC Music.

Executive Director of PRSF Vanessa Reed said: “Thanks to our partnership with UKTI, Arts Council England, Musicians’ Union and British Underground, talented artists ready to break into new markets are able to attend industry showcases which would have been too expensive for them without our help”.

The latest statistics about the scheme show one third of applicants are selected for funding, with 86% of successful applicants in 2013-14 reporting significant business outcomes and the other 14% reporting increases in fanbases and media attention”.

Delivered with