Generator is pleased to announce our UX Day. The day will take the format of interactive workshop sessions with some of the best UX teams in the region. From digital giants Orange Bus to government departments making waves in UX such as DWP & HMRC, come and hear about the fantastic work going on at the forefront of UX design and how important collaboration is to advancing the subject.
Anna Rzepczynski, Orange Bus & Craig Abbott, DWP: Prototyping & User Research
- How to use research to inform your design
- What a prototype is and how to build one.
- How to conduct usability testing using your prototype
Helena Hill, 49 Digital: Information Architecture
- The organisation of information
- Labelling systems
- Navigation systems
- Search systems
Ross Linnett, Recite Me: Accessible Design
- What makes an accessible web interface
- Tools & tech available
- The different issues to consider when designing an accessible website
Shaun Allen, hedgehog lab: Immersive Design
- Details tbc
Stephen Proctor, HMRC & Lisa McClure, Orange Bus: Content Design
- The importance of content in user experience & user-centred design
- Writing for the web techniques
- Content strategy & content design.
‘Digital Futures’, Generator’s business support programme, is designed to meet the business development needs of the North East’s creative and digital businesses. This programme is part-funded by England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. Places at this event are FREE OF CHARGE for creative and digital businesses from North East England, thanks to ERDF funding.*
Schedule of Event
|12.30||Lunch & Networking|